About Robot Sea Monster
Robot Sea Monster is a digital production studio with an extensive background in designing and developing mobile and web games, AR/VR, Web3 blockchain, and commercial applications. Founded in 2012, the studio has successfully shipped over 40 products, serving major brands such as Blue Shield and Pearson, as well as innovators like LO3 Energy and Occipital. Our work has been profiled in major media outlets, such as The New York Times, CNBC, and TED. We are looking to build our team with creative people who want to make games and apps that engage, delight, and educate users.
The Delivery Manager is expected to work closely with the Product Owner to keep software development projects well organized and on target. The Delivery Manager must be able to track and evaluate themselves, the project’s tasks, and team members and then accurately report on progress. The Delivery Manager works with the Product Owner to troubleshoot and resolve production issues with the team schedule.
The Delivery Manager must be extremely detail oriented. You will help in tracking budgets, creating and updating production schedules, and organizing agendas for development meetings. The Delivery Manager will also create UI mockups and design specifications that will help make the client’s visions into a reality.
Experience in translating client requirements to technically appropriate specifications, and vice versa. High level familiarity with Mobile Game and Web Application technology stacks is desired. Awareness of the technological landscape enough to research new-to-us technologies and determine if existing skill sets would be applicable.
Because we are a small start up, the Delivery Manager can be called to fill many roles, and must be flexible while able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
The job is full time by remote, hourly and full time.
- Clear written and verbal communications in English; additional languages a plus.
- Assist in building production bids, budgets, schedules, and proposals from templates
- Tracking project progress and updating Monday project tool
- Help manage team through the process of task estimation and prioritization
- Manage the QA process. Help drive and lead bug finding and tracking.
- Prepare reporting based on team velocity, story point burndown, and budget expenses
- Utilize and innovate systems to balance team efficiency with product quality
- Review the technical requirements to create a quality assurance test plan
- Maintain a high level of product quality, great user experience
- Assist in creating wireframe mockups based on product requirements as needed
- Assist in maintaining game/app design documents and user experience diagrams
- Assist in creating work breakdown structures or user stories from design documents
- Exhibit strong communication skills to help remotely manage an international team of artists and programmers.
- Must have at least 4 hours overlap with the Studio time 9am to 5pm PST.
- 1-3 years’ experience in software development in these environments:
- PMP or CAPM preferred
- Self-starter, able to stay on task
- Meeting client needs and managing scopes of work, deliverables, and business realities
- Cross-functional development teams, especially with Programmers and Artists
- Working with geographically-dispersed teams
- Knowledge of upcoming internet trends and themes
- Experience with Agile Project management.
- Experience managing software development.
- Experience with video games.
Robot Sea Monster is a fully remote company with team members across the globe. We expect you to provide appropriate computer, peripherals, and software needed for this position, in addition to high-speed internet, mic, and camera required for video conferencing and voice calls. Robot Sea Monster will provide access to all team systems and any proprietary software or hardware required for a project.
You will need to be available via Google Meet, Slack, and email during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when we need to meet project deadlines and for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based upon number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.