Full Stack Developer
About Robot Sea Monster
Robot Sea Monster is a fully remote company with team members across the globe. We expect you to provide the appropriate computer, peripherals, and software for this position and the high-speed internet, mic, and camera required for video conferencing and voice calls. Robot Sea Monster will provide access to all team systems and any proprietary software or hardware needed for a project.
You must be available via Google Meet, Slack, and email during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when we need to meet project deadlines and for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based on the number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for implementing and documenting specific functionality within the larger context of client project requirements and design documentation. You will also be responsible for some or all of the architecture’s implementation during the project’s production portion, including architecture adjustments based on requirements changes and assisting in team oversight and code review.
You must have experience in all aspects of a full-stack web application environment, including fluency in one or both of our preferred server-side frameworks (Laravel/Node/Nest) and at least one client-side framework (React.js, Vue.js, Nuxt.js). Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases is required and valued, as is experience translating client requirements into solid, scalable technical architectures.
This full-time position (40 hours per week) lasts for the production cycle. You will be expected to be available to attend daily stand-ups, coordinate with a distributed multidisciplinary team, and complete all tasks on time and to specification. This is a remote work contract, but you must have at least 4 hours overlap with the Studio time, 9 am to 5 pm PST.
- Implement specific functionalities based on design and technical documentation, aligning code with other application functionality to promote code reuse and support best practices.
- Clear English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Integrate via APIs with backend and third-party services.
- Have informed opinions on proper programming standards, and be able to explain them to others.
- Adapt to solve problems anywhere in the full technical stack, be it front end or back end, to ensure project success. Must have curiosity and a drive to expand capabilities.
- Assist other developers on the team through peer review and QA.
- As required, attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, stand-ups, and additional meetings.
- Utilize and contribute to the company-wide code library.
- Backend: Laravel PHP and/or Node.js / Typescript
- Frontend: Nuxt.js / Vue.js.
- Strong proficiency in best practices for backend frameworks and related languages, including data layers, class architecture, events, and optimization strategies.
- Understanding of networking concepts, including sockets, protocols, and client-server communication.
- Familiarity with deployment and base server interfacing.
- Familiarity with WebGL or other browser-based graphical technology is not required but is preferred.
- Strong debugging skills and experience in both using and building tools to efficiently triage and solve issues.
- Ability to quickly implement and write clean, readable, and well-documented code from provided specifications, with communication skills to resolve any ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including communicating issues and reporting project design and status to a diverse non-technical audience.
- Must be detail-oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Able to work independently and creatively and track multiple deadlines to success.
- Able to accept constructive feedback on your work.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and experience with project management tools, such as JIRA or Monday.
- Proven history working in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams such as designers, artists, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality software.