Brooklyn Microgrid is a prototype community microgrid in Brooklyn, NY, whose purpose is to create and manage a local energy network tied to but independent from the power grid. Their mission is to provide 100% renewable energy and to guarantee resilience during power emergencies.
- The founder and CIO of LO3 Energy needed a development partner to help prove the viability of two critical components of clean energy infrastructure:
- A peer-to-peer network of local solar power users
- A secure trading system based on blockchain tech
- LO3 Energy wanted a microgrid based on clean energy generation, storage, plus a trading platform would allow consumers to bypass the electric utility
- The goal of the Brooklyn Microgrid demo was to operate independent of the power grid, sell energy back to the grid, and perform on its own during power failures
Robot Sea Monster Solution
- Robot Sea Monster developed the first app in the U.S. to support a peer-to-peer microgrid and establish an energy-trading marketplace using blockchain technology
- The app was featured in The New York Times, focusing on Brooklyn Microgrid’s experimental solar network and the innovation underlying its virtual trading platform
- Robot Sea Monster extended this proof of concept by creating a white label version of the app localized for Germany, Australia, and Bangladesh
Learn how Robot Sea Monster can grow your business with fun and games.
Or email us at