GawkBox was a gaming startup that tested new ways to reward and monetize influencers. They supported content creators with tools to build community through live chat and to recognize active players through a system of ranks and rewards. Their platform also allowed gamers to reward their favorite content creators through ad viewing.
- Serving as the Product Owner, the CEO of Gawkbox was seeking a game design and development partner for Lucky Bucks, a free-to-play sweepstakes scratch-off game that allowed users to win real cash
- One of the biggest challenges was the Product Owner’s need to produce a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in only six weeks, from high concept to release
Robot Sea Monster Solution
- Robot Sea Monster built Lucky Bucks from the ground up, forming an integrated agile development team with our client, GawkBox
- We produced the MVP in only six weeks, remarkable for a major project that included a built-in Unity engine, a Microsoft Azure PlayFab back end for analytics, and in-game events
- Players could log in via Facebook and receive payouts through PayPal
- Success following launch led to a very strong Day 2 retention rate of 53%